Lighthouses: Old Baldy, Smith Island,
1818, North Carolina
You Are Here: home
>> lighthouses >> Bald Head North
View Our Large Selection of Lighthouses
Historic American Lighthouse Collection
Also known as "Cape
Fear" this 110' octagonal tower is set at the mouth of Cape Fear River,
North Carolina's first established light station. The deactivated tower
is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Old Baldy, Smith Island, 1818
10" Tall x 8"
- Every Historic American Lighthouse is
fully illuminated - the first illuminated ceramic lighthouse on the
- Intricate, Handpainted details lend
a distinct feeling of uniqueness to every piece in the collection.
- Every replica includes a richly Embossed
Hangtag, giving a brief history of the lighthouse.
- Handcrafted Ceramic Construction ensures
that every piece in the Collection is created with the utmost care
and attention to quality.
- Actual Specifications, drawings and
photographs of the original structures are used to ensure detail and
- Every replica comes complete with a
standard bulb and UL listed cord.
- A portion of the proceeds from the Historic
American Lighthouse Collection is donated to the United States Lighthouse
Society. This non-profit organization is dedicated to the restoration
and preservation of these national treasures for all to enjoy.